Wednesday, October 01, 2008

KIMTOM CLOWN FESTIVAL 2008: Wednesday


I had the camera with me today but I was too busy to take pictures. Tomorrow. I promise.

Our schedule has been rearranged to make it easier on us and we had huge, fantastically responsive audiences today.

Both Andrew and I worked new gags into our 30 minute show (both volunteer bits and both did very well) and Mark took the opportunity to perform a greatly extended version of his plate spinning bit.

I don't know how things are going in the girls' alley but the boys alley is having a really great time. I get to work with two great partners and laugh with a crew of really talented folks that I wouldn't have had the chance to work with under any other circumstances. We talk about everything from funny things about people's stepfathers to the basis for the local economy.

This trip is just chair-bustingly funny!

My pal Kenny Mikey even has a special word that he can now use to describe things. Ask him about it when you see him!

Mark Lohr and I went out to get dinner last night and found a great little Filipino tavern right across from our hotel that had pretty good Hawaiian pizza but was really notable for the service, the most attentive service that you could imagine outside of a five-star restaurant. Servers stood next to the table with a pitcher to top off our glasses with each sip. In a pizza place!!! When they found out that we were the clowns from America they had a lot of questions for us. Things got less formal and they relaxed and we all just sat and talked.

Later Greg, Jessi, Steve, Mark and I met up after to get a bite after the late bus got them back. We went to another place right across the street but had a problem paying the bill when the staff couldn't understand that some of us were asking them to make change. Luckily, a Chinese/English translator was walking in the street right when we needed them most. 

We have found the entire neighborhood to be filled with friendly folks who know that we are from far away and they all seem eager to pitch in and lend a hand.

We're having a great time!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat, So glad to hear you are all haveing a great time and that all the gags are going well. Sure sounds like fun. I know you will be sad to see it all end, but was wondering how long is the stay there?? I am a bit envious, and wished I were with you all. Look forward to viewing some photo when you get a chance. Take care, & keep up the good work.