Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Shrine Alley

I don't know what Shrine show this is from (if Irv Romig is there it's probably from the Michigan area) but I do know that the two on the far right are Dick "Rocko" Lewis (on top) and Irv "Ricky" Romig (on bottom, leaning on his hay wagon) . Anyone know the other three? I know that the auguste clown cop turns up in the back row of the Cole Bros. alley photo that I posted a few weeks back.

And if anyone has photos of Johnny Tripp, Bobby Kellogg or Buck Baker I've got info that I'd like to post but no photos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This just in:

The Clown cop is Charlie Lewis...

http://greatcircusclownsofthepast.blogspot.com/2006/05/charlie-leuro-clown-cop.html#links

1 comment:

24-HOUR-MAN said...

Good Morning Pat,
This is Detroit Mich. in the heyday of The Orin Davenport Circus. Left to right are Karl Romig,(Irv's father), Charlie Lewis, Joe Short,(?), Dick "Rocko Lewis, & Irv Romig.