Saturday, December 23, 2006

Otto Griebling and Freddie Freeman: Boxing Gag



Otto Griebling and Freddie Freeman on the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus in a greatly truncated performance of their version of the classic Boxing Gag, which they brought with them from the Cole Bros. show.

Look for Paul Wenzel on the track passing Harry Ritley and Gene Lewis on the track under the opening credits.

This is also from the "Christmas With the Greatest Show on Earth" television special, live from Winter Quarters in Sarasota, FL December 16, 1955.

1 comment:

Mike Naughton said...

1960s, Madison Square Garden, I was a kid in the audience, my aunts remarked many times that the seats were an astonishing $2.00 EACH. The clowns boxing match was hysterical, my favorite part was after the bell one boxer (I forget which clown) would slowly stagger back to his corner and as soon as he sat down the bell would ring and he would have to start boxing again. I thought this was the funniest thing I'd ever seen and I was just a kid at the time.