Voting will begin in the 2008 Felix Adler Awards this Saturday, March 1st, 2008.
Voting will continue through Monday March 31, 2008.
The winners will be announced on April 1st, 2008.
Voting will take place in the following two categories:
OTTO GRIEBLING AWARD: For Solo Clowning
PAUL JUNG AWARD: For Duo, Trio or Ensemble Clowning
The LOU JACOBS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD will henceforth be voted on privately by members of "The Academy" and will be presented with the involvement, approval and at the discretion of the Jacobs family.
It is the decision of "The Academy" that the rules for this year's awards shall be:
1) The FELIX ADLER AWARDS are given to American or foreign circus clowns working in the United States of America between January 1st and December 31st, 2007.
2) It is the decision of "The Academy" that American circus clowns performing abroad between January 1st and December 31st are eligible for a 2007 "Felix".
3) It is the decision of "The Academy" that BOTH editions of the Big Apple Circus that appeared during the calendar year 2007 are eligible.
4) Ballots for the 2008 FELIX ADLER AWARDS will now be tallied by the accounting department at Mformation Technologies of Edison, NJ.
5) Information of how to cast your ballot will be announce tomorrow morning.
Congratulations once again to the 2007 winners, Tom Dougherty, Greg and Karen DeSanto and Barry Lubin and I look forward to watching Jay Stewart roast the 2008 winners ; )