Saturday, February 09, 2008

JANGO EDWARDS: NY TV Appearance, Late 1970s

Video suggested by Tom Piccard





Jango Edwards in the late 70s on New York City cable access show "If I Can't Dance, You Can Keep Your Revolution".


From Ms. Coca Crystal, host of the show...

From 1977 through 1995 I was the producer and star of a public access television show that aired in NYC. With a lot of help from my friends, and volunteers we had 18 years of anti-authoritarian television. The show was called, "If I Can't Dance, You Can Keep Your Revolution."

It was my intent to have a television version of an underground newspaper, much like the East Village Other, where I had been employed previously.

The result was a wonderful mix of guests like Abbie Hoffman, Debbie Harry, Tuli Kupferberg, Michio Kaku, and hundreds of other fabulous people who fit the criteria of being anti-authoritarian.



Ms. Crystal is alive and well and living in the Catskills. She has many other clips from her show available on You Tube and she can be reached at cocacrystal@yahoo.com .

No comments: