Saturday, December 06, 2008

BOB WILLIAMS AND LOUIE: Hollywood Palace, December 1965



Another act that I call "dibs" on, if ever I get a dog who can sit still for 10 seconds...


From Mark Evanier's NEWS TO ME...

I think that he had a couple of different dogs over the years, including one named Red Dust.

I worked on a show once where they tried to book Bob Williams. As I recall, he wanted a sum of money that our producer thought was excessive and some agent had an imitation act that was priced more reasonably...so they hired this other guy, who wasn't nearly as funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob Williamns and Louie. Great act, this clip is from the Hollywood Palace. He did all the major variety shows of the day, and he was in the ill-fated Jerry Lewis version of Hellzapoppin' in the mid 70's.

-Greg

Mike Naughton said...

Bob Williams and Louie along with comic juggler, Michael Davis (CC) were the guest novelty acts in the original Broadway production of SUGAR BABIES, starring Mickey Rooney and Ann Miller.

Both of these acts registered high marks with the jaded New York audience; they were just as popular as the rest of the show and brought positive press to the hidden area of show biz called: novelty/variety.

Anonymous said...

That clip has me laughing so hard I keep missing most of it! Thanks for posting!

Rik Gern