Tuesday, December 02, 2008

MICROFEST: Bill Irwin Workshop, December 1, 2008

We had a wonderful time with Mr. Irwin yesterday...

Bill getting ready and setting the props to perform his Spaghetti Gag. He told us that the gag was created in Clown College in 1974 and the inspiration for the piece came after Mike Naughton taught him some plate moves.

I spoke with Mr. Naughton this evening and he told me that they had been working together in Clown College on a variation on the plate entree that the Francescos performed in the film Rings Around the World.


Tuning up his uke


Bill with Michael Rosman


Michael cracking Bill up


Working with Drew Richardson


with Andrew Scharff


and with Mark Lohr

Clockwise from the top: Bill Irwin, Mark Lohr, Andrew Scharff, myself, Jeff "Gordoon" Gordon


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow,that must have been a experience i wish he came here to the windy city.btw spaghetti gag is funny and creative.anybody know about any future motion fests

Anonymous said...

I tought I had alot of vintage suitcases.anybody also know where I can find some old vaudville floppy hats?rednoserob@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

"I need a towel..."

-Neal Skoy

Anonymous said...

thats what she said

Anonymous said...

I am sooooooooo jealous!

"Toto"