Monday, July 17, 2006

'Cowboy Mike' Keever


When I was a kid you knew that the Red Unit was back at the Garden because the papers were always filled with photos of 'Cowboy Mike' Keever.

'Cowboy Mike' Keever graduated Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College (the year Emmett visited) in 1977. He performed with Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus for 13 years. First with the Red Unit, from 1978 - 1983, then as Advance Clown from 1983 - 1990.

I met Mike a few years back at the Cel-ebration Art Gallery in Red Bank, NJ. He was there in makeup and so was I (I was just coming back from a show and didn't want to stop home and change for fear that I'd miss him), we had a great talk. He struck me as just as wonderful a guy as I remebered seeing in the ring all those years before.

To see what Mike is up to now visit...
http://www.cel-ebration.com/Cowboy%20Mike%20Keever%20the%20Clown.htm

No comments: