Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Video of Ringling Clowns 1979!

Exactly what I've hoped this blog would be able to do, SHOW MORE THAN JUST PHOTOS!

This comes to us from Polidor1, Sandy Weber...
______________________________________________________________

I have some footage I shot back in 1979 of the clowns performing on the Ringling show at the International Amphitheater in Chicago (don't remember if it was Blue or Red unit). I've put a small Quicktime movie up on my web space:
www.flixdisc.com/sandyweber/Ringlingclowns1979.mov
Please feel free to mention it on your blog, or, if you want you can copy it and put the movie up yourself (it's about 20MB), whichever...

Some of the footage is blurry and I missed some of the action at times (I was using a bad 16mm camera), but it is still fun to watch.

_______________________________________________________________

THANK YOU SANDY!

This is Ringling clowning the way I remember it being done when I was a kid.

Thanks for the memories!


Once again, that link is...

www.flixdisc.com/sandyweber/Ringlingclowns1979.mov

9 comments:

Gary said...

Hi, that's the 116th Blue Show in 1980. I see Tom and Tammy Parrish, Michael Goudeau, Tuba Heatherton, Richard Fick, Peggy King, Tommy Sheeter, Larry Kelly, Tom Guglielmo, and what should be Tom Dougherty and Peter Pitofsky in the Superman Gag with Michu. Let's see, who else, Dennis Struve, Andrea Waller, Judybeth (?), Joe Wesson, Bob Kramer, Don Williams. I don't see Spikeawopski (Terry Parsons) or Wayne Sidley (he'd be in the police car). And Johnny Zoppe's son as second banana in the bank robber gag.

Anonymous said...

Actually it is the 110th Edition. You are correct about it being 1980 and the Blue Unit though.

Pat Cashin said...

Yeah, the 116th Edition would've been 1986.

Nice catch Steve!


So it's 1980, not 1979.

It's the 110th, not the 116th.

It's definitely the Blue and these are definitely the clowns. That much was right.

~P

Gary said...

oops, my bad. senility. it is the 110th.

And that's me getting knocked on my kiester in the Detour Gag.

Anonymous said...

Any way to post this on YouTube? I can't get the file to work on my computers.

Anonymous said...

In the Super Michu gag, that is actually one of the rare times when Terry Parsons filled in for Peter Pitofsky. What a great clip...brings me back. Tom Dougherty

Anonymous said...

Hi,
JD here. That wasn't Steve Harris in the video. He was, at that time, performing in Barnum on Broadway.... known to the theatre goers as "Steven Michael."
He left the show during our Madison Square Garden engagement to tread the boards.
The whiteface at the beginning is Don Williams... I'm pretty sure. He graduated from CC in '79)
I'd love to hear from you guys.
email: jdarnell78@mac.com
Pat, I'm still planning to send you the photos of Coco and Otto.
jd

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what Tom Guglielmo is doing these days - or how to reach him?

-from someone he knew back in his first year at Ringling

mudshow said...

Tom Guglielmo can be reached at mudshow@hotmail.com