Monday, March 03, 2008

MELHA SHRINE CLOWN UNIT: Thanks!



Hearty thanks go out this morning to Craig "Doc" Kazin, my pal Gary "Gilligan" Spear and the Melha Shrine Clown Unit of Springfield, MA for inviting me up on Friday night for a video presentation of some rare clown footage.

We had a great time and everyone got home before the worst of the snowstorm Friday night. I stayed in the guest suite at the lovely Spear Inn (accomodations include continental breakfast as well as access to the private theater and sauna) in beautiful West Springfield before heading out on Saturday to Gary's parent's house, the home of the Spear Specialty Shoe Company.

The Spears are just about the nicest couple you'd ever want to meet and the quality of their shoes is second to none. Fumagalli recently bought a pair and raved about them!

To find out more about the Spear's Specialty Shoe Company please click here.

Be sure to ask for my "Hudda Mudda"; )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat,
Not for nothing, but are you sure you should be fraternizing with Shrine clown's? It is my understanding that they destroyed the institution of American clowning? Put a lot of great clown's out of business, so the story goes.
Wade Burck

Anonymous said...

Is there any truth to that ? If so , what are the details ?

Anonymous said...

Pat,
Sorry. In an attempt at tomfoolery and jest, I guess I lured one of those nameless wonder's over here. I should have left the funny business to the pro's.
I remember year's ago when people complained that all Ringling had was 50 great clown's doing track skit's, and now they complain that there is only one weak clown featured in the show. What is it they want exactly?
Wade Burck