Wednesday, March 25, 2009

CLOWN ALLEY: Untitled Video (1970s)



I have no idea what this is but it features 70s era footage of Chris Bricker, Karandash and Emmett Kelly with a cyst over his left eye the size of a walnut.

From Mr. Christopher Bricker himself...
This footage of me was lifted from an NBC News profile that was done around 1972. I emphasize it was lifted. The entire piece is available in the TV archives. I know that snippets such as those that were used here were part of samplings put out by the archives and the entire piece has a purchase price on it for duplication. NBC had a live mic on me for an entire performance (soup to nuts) at Madison Square Garden, and, of course there was an interview.

The original piece was aired on the nightly national news, and did not include the other two clowns featured here. Instead, there was footage of gags, interaction in the Alley, and a shot of Swede taking a snooze. My comments in this version are a bit out of context. I had been answering a question about careers, and how important it is to be happy with the path that you choose. I was saying that the demographic was a bit different in the younger Alley, in that there were more life choices and directions available to the younger "First of Mays" than what the older circus veterans may have had.
Hope this helps.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it ! Great ! With this music, the video is fantastic !

Philippe H.