Thursday, April 24, 2008

BILLY VAUGHN: Her Alibi (1989)

Photo courtesy of Billy Vaughn


Michael Bongar (who I got to chat briefly with at a gig a few weeks ago) and his New York Follies' clowns (featuring Billy Vaughn at right) during the filming of the film Her Alibi, seen here with the film's star Tom Selleck.

________________________________________________________

This just in from Kevin Brown...

I do not have a blog account but on the far left of that photo is Kenny
Horsman and I think that might be Bernie in front of Billy Vaughn.


I thought that that was Ken Horsman, I didn't recognize Bernie. Can anyone else out there identify the folks in the photo?

4 comments:

Nick said...

Oh! How I love that movie! I think its sad that such great clowns got lost in the background of such a mediocre movie. :) Its hard to find movies with good circus clowning in em.

I think they all had such a great style and great classic makeup - in fact there's one that's my favorite in the movie - the one who throws the pie, and he doesn't seem to be in this picture, sadly.

Is that clown group still around in NYC? I'm currently an NYC resident and I'm curious.

Anonymous said...

My best friend...and fellow RBBB Clown College 1985 grad/RBBB Red unit clown...Brad Zupp is the Whiteface in the back with the red wig and black top hat.
"Toto" Johnson

Anonymous said...

That's Will Shaw in the red bucket hat lower right. And that is my good friend Elan Kozak in the round glasses whose face is cut off in the very lower right of the photo. We met, and worked, with Elan in Japan (89' - 90', it was) I remember him telling us all kinds of fun and crazy stories from working on the set of that movie. Lots and lots of clowns worked on that one. As a result, things got a little silly from time to time, as one can imagine.
The movie is horrible, but I have watched it a couple of times, just to see all of my friends in it, during the big circus scenes.

Anonymous said...

That's John Russell two faces to the left of Tom Selleck, beside the clown in the "Bobbie" hat.
Micheal Bongar has to be in there somewhere, as New York Follies used to be the name of his agency. I'm thinking that is him in the Top Hat and sunglasses.
Steve aka Alfredo Fetttucini.