Thursday, October 19, 2006

From Donni

Donald Stambaugh sends this info on the photos that he sent the other day...

____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I didn't give you a run down on the pixs I sent you. Here it is.

1st photo is Billy McCabe Shrine date Phila. mid 70s

2nd shot Beatty Alley Shrine date Phila mid 70s Buck, Dennis, Bernado, Bernie, Chris Minot, Jimmy, Louie, Dody Daniels, Kenny, Shorty

3rd Dody Daniels He often worked with Buck (the short & long of it) He disappeared in the late 70s Buck & I went to his house to find him in 78 when we were on the Hoxie Great American Show & we had no luck.

Next is Uncle Jake I worked with him one time I think he was connected with Ringling at some time as he was a friend of Chuck Sateja He is in his 80s in that photo. He was as supple as a snake & could touch his palms to ground the from a standing position Him & Chuck were something else cutting up jackpots half the night

Last pix is Chuck Sateja. He was one of the Ringling gang he did some work in the wardrobe department. All of Chucks Wardrobe was flashy sequins,eyelash,feathers etc He also was a funny, funny clown. I believe he also taught wardrobe at Clown College. Chuck was the gentleman that I owe my biggest break in the business to he recommended me to Bill Ballantine for my job at Circus World.

________________________________________________________________________

Thanks Donni!

No comments: