Thursday, October 26, 2006

Lazlo Donnert.



Yesterday we got a very nice message from Lazlo "Laci" Donnert, grandson of Lazlo Donnert, a pmember of the Ringling Blue Unit Alley from the late 60s through the mid 70s.

I had the pleasure of working with Lazlo and his family on the Red Unit in 1999. He was always very nice to me and even allowed me to play with his dogs each day before the show. I was missing my own dog while on the road and Lazlo understood.

We had the chance to have a few long conversations and Lazlo enjoyed having someone from the Alley to talk about the old days with. He was very generous in sharing stories about his time working alongside Doug Ashton, Frankie Saluto and Otto.

Laci, can you give us a little biographical material on your grandfather?

And please tell him that we all say "Hello"!

No comments: