Friday, May 18, 2007

MYSTERY CLOWN: Substitute Ringmaster



I'm in Orlando with the family and staying at the beautiful Marriot Cypress Harbor resort right around the corner from Sea World. I'll get back to the Liuzhou festival photos tomorrow, I PROMISE and then it's right back to posting classic videos.

As for today's photo: Many Ringling clowns have acted as substitute Ringmasters on the show over the years. Duane "Uncle Soapy" Thorpe did it for many years during the North era. How many of you can identify the former Ringling clown in this photo? Hint: He was in Liuzhou AND works here in Orlando...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is Todd Zimmerman....now what do I win?!

Anonymous said...

TODD ZIMMERMAN!

PS Thanks for stopping by the red. I wish I could have met you, but somehow i missed ya!

See ya down the road-

-Brandon

justlarry said...

If I answer correctly (Todd) will you bring me back a present from Florida?
Larry

Mike Naughton said...

Pat, I saw Uncle Soapy as substitute Ringmaster during the Feld era as well. In fact, I've saw Duane announce the show at the Glens Falls (NY) Civic Center, a building I know that you are very familiar with.

I've also seen David Kiser announce, too.

Both gentlemen did an outstanding job.