Saturday, January 12, 2008

CIRCO KRON: Poster


American circus clowns may not always receive the utmost respect from our European counterparts but European producers certainly have a long history of using our pictures on their posters.

Add to the long list of European circus posters featuring the likenesses of Lou Jacobs, Ernie Burch and/or Harry Dann this Circo Kron poster featuring some rather interesting adaptions of the Ringling program headshots of (top to bottom) Gene Lewis, Albert White and Paul Jung.

I myself just found out that my headshot was recently broadcast during the commercial bumpers of a Chinese television variety show over the holidays. I'm extremely honored and dutifully proud to now be part of this long tradition of overseas producers using our likenesses with neither consent nor compensation.

Because, after all, we are just clowns.

1 comment:

24-HOUR-MAN said...

In 1994 Trudy & I did a month with Circo Cita De Roma,(pronounced shee'ta, although Trudy had a better pronunciation), in Naples Italy. While walking around I found a poster with the classic picture of Blinko, When I asked where they acquired it, I was told their artists created it.