Thursday, August 21, 2008

THE SORELETTIS: Headshots




Perhaps Raffaele de Ritis could coax my friend Frank Bogino into giving us all some more information on the Sorelettis.

Some background on Frank, from Frank...

Hi Pat

My name is Frank Bogino - my family whent to the US on the Ringling show in 1947 and I was born in Boston that year. We were one of the best risley acts in the country and the first acrobatic circus act to be engaged in a Las Vegas Revue - The Dunes in 1950.

I grew up in New Orleans and also went to music school. In the summer I was learning to be a circus artist and became a very good acrobatic tumbler and risley top man but when I started traveling with the family I was called in to the US Army.

When the Vietnam war was over I went to Europe with my family and worked in the top circuses. In my 30s I set up a very nice comedy act similar to George Carl and with this act I performed in the top theatres and circuses in Europe. At the age of 43 I retired and today I manufacture Amusement Rides.

4 comments:

Raffaele De Ritis said...

Wow,
this is really a surprise!!!!
I NEVER saw those pictures.

The pictures are from the early 60s.
The Sorelletti was a very short-lived act, casually and temporarly put toghether by two circus families Bogino and Medini to satisfy some contracts of night club in Usa and a circus in Greece.
I try to guess the line-up, from the first picture with the trumpets:
Gabriele Medini, Aurelio Bogino, Bruno Medini (white face), Pino Medini, Frank Bogino.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Curiously wondering , Was one of the Bogino boys Karla Walenda's first husband? I can't keep up with all the offspring's.
Thanks Pat for your webside.

Anonymous said...

Hi There......in answer to the uestion about one of the Bogino brothers being married to Karla Wallenda....the answer is "yes"! My father, Iginio (gino) Bogino was married to Karla in the mid to late 50's. They had two sons, Ricky (enrico) and Mario (deceased in 1993), who both use the Wallenda surname. Hope that helps!

darfman711@msn.com said...

My father, Leo Palmieri is the son of Dirce Medini & Armando Palmieri. I believe she had siblings, Mario, Bruna and Yolanda. I went to a circus at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, PA in the late 60's and met Bruno,an adult woman who I don't recall her name and I believe his two sons, Pino and Gabby. They came to our house for dinner. I was about13-15 and Pino and Gabby were older teens or early 20's. Does anyone know where they are now? My dad also had a brother, Gino Palmieri who lived in Erie, PA. He is now deceased.