Monday, December 08, 2008

MARTINE "TOTOCHE" BOUCHER: Terrible News!


Horrible news from Canada...


Hi Pat,

I’m not sure but I think I saw that Totoche (Martine) was part of your group in Shanghai this year or last. She was definitely in China, just not sure where. She is a wonderful and sweet girl from Montreal. I had the honour of working with her several times.

I have just learned that she has been struck by some virulent but so far unidentified illness and is in ICU. She felt ill on Thursday and went to the hospital and apparently is now in imminent danger of losing her life.


I have forwarded this request for good wishes. I translated it on Babelfish but its still difficult to understand.

Karine is asking anyone who wishes, to send a note and or photo and she will make a large card or booklet to take to Totoche or her parents on Wednesday.

Karine, who sent this is life and clown partner of Adam (Zip-E) Zimmerman, who you also might know.

I’ll keep you posted,
Ian


This is absolutely awful! For those who have never met Martine Boucher, she is, hands down, the sweetest, kindest person and the loveliest clown you could ever meet.

PLEASE keep us posted and let her know that she is in the hearts and prayers of all of the "China Clowns" and do not hesitate to to ask if there is anything at all that we can do!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is truly awful. I had the great opportunity to watch Martine interacting with the Chinese during her "walkaround" periods. She was innovative, funny and incredibly engaging and charasmatic. She never failed to bring a smile to a person's face and she sure made our faces light up whenever she entered the room. Her voice and French accent are like music. Let's pray that everything works out to get her well.

Elmo

Anonymous said...

she is in my prayers and may god watch over her and help her get rid of the illness that she has and keep her strong