Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Clown Removes His Make-up

A Clown Removes His Make-up



View on Grouper.comAdd to Blogger Blog

Growing up, this clip from Sesame Street (featuring comic and character actor Dennis Allen) was the only instruction that I ever had in the application of clown makeup.

It says nothing about powdering and it's all done backwards.

Which explains the trouble that I've always had with makeup design and application ; )


It's followed by the two online comments that the clip received.


Add a video comment to this video

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great clip...I remember seeing this a kid too. I also seem to remember Seseme Street teaching kids to count by using footage of the Ringling Clowns coming out of the clown car. I want to say it was the late 60's or early 70's, shot outside an arena, and I really think Prince Paul was in it. Perhaps Pat with all his world wide web mojo can locate this one?

-Greg

Pat Cashin said...

Sesame Street has a DVD box coming out in November with all of the late 60s/early 70s clips that they don't use anymore.

It might be a part of that set but I'll look around the web anyway and see what turns up.

~P