Sunday, October 01, 2006

More of Cowboy Mike's Artwork





In keeping with our recent Sunday morning tradition of turning the blog over to viewing great contemporary works of clown art, here's some Native American-inspired circus clown art from Cowboy Mike Keever.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here are 3 of many, many different clown woodcarvings that I have made...I like Indian Art...many tribes like the Hopi, have Kachina dolls that are a tribute to their Sacred Clowns.......they know how important the healing power of laughter is...and continually celebate it!!! I have talked to some of my Native American Friends about the parallels of our worlds....I told them that I wanted to make these to celebrate the sacred clowns in my tribe...

"the Circus!"

They thought it was cool.... and especially with some of their artist who are colorist and use the bright colors like I do alot to say what I want to say in my work! Some may look like certain clowns I know..others are just kind of a tribal looking figure from my imagination.

It's all fun!!!!

God Bless
Your Friend,
Cowboy Mike Keever

No comments: