Thursday, January 04, 2007

Circus World Army Gag

Photo and description courtesy of Bob Taxin


Hi Pat-

I just received this in the mail and thought you might like it for clownalley.net.

That's Wayne Sidley on the left.

Top row, left to right: Charlie McClelland, Buddy Copeland (who sent me the photo), Bob Taxin ;

Second row is Roger (Rainbow) who's last name escapes me, Barry "Grandma" Lubin, Tory Cross.

In front is Antonio "Tony" Hoyos*

We worked on an army gag, but in the end no one liked it and we never performed it.

Gale LaJoye was the boss clown. I think the only CC grads were Wayne, Barry and me.

Bob Taxin
CC '73



*Who's showstopping Chaplin impersonation can currently be seen as the highlight of Kevin James' show ~Pat

5 comments:

justlarry said...

Is he back?
I thought Aurto Figeroa (SP?) was doing it
(along with being the jester in the "Knights" show at Excalaber)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what she's doing now, but Tory Cross spent some time with Circus Knie in Switzerland doing a clown trapeze act.

Anonymous said...

Antonio's 'Rats In The Pants' is still making me laugh. He was a great Sonny Bono as well. When he first arrived my partner Mark and I taught him usefull American phrases like..."What's happening? and "Fry 2 hold the butter!!!

The 1st one came out "Whaa hoppin?"

Forget the 2nd one...

Anonymous said...

Tory Cross did 3 consecutive seasons with Knie, each followed by a Christmas season at Theater Carre in Amsterdam, Holland, the Dutch shows being directed by Fredy Knie Jr. After the final one, she did the 2nd Winter Programme at Kromebau, Munich, Germany for Cirkus Krone. That would have been February 1997. Since then I have heard nothing about her at all.

John.

Anonymous said...

The second row starts with me, Little John. I was a First of May and didn’t know squat, I think Buddy gave me that red wig. Bob you remember you let me borrow a hat that I destroyed and then you gave it to me. Roger was catcher O’s brother, a very unique clown that was admired by every one who knew him. I am still stealing Gail’s old chair gag and performing it at the local flee market in Auburndale.