Saturday, July 08, 2006

St. Louis Police Circus 1956


Taken 9 years after the other day's photo from the St. Louis Police Circus, here's the 1956 alley.

Another great one from Bill Strong...

I hope this will fit on. This is just the clowns from a larger photo of the cast, which I hope to post later today, the original has been rolled up so long, and is so cracked, it took me an hour with the cloning tool to clean up as much as I did. I recognize almost all of them but can only name 7. Okay, by the numbers, #1, is Van Wells, who often partnered with Happy; #7, George LaSalle; #11, Bill Bentledge; #12 Joe "Coco, or Koko" Coyle; #13, Percy Radamacher,(from Sheboygin); #14, Bill Alcott; and of course down front is Happy Kellums. The date was produced that year by L.N.Fleckles.

You may recognize Joe "Koko" Coyle if you've ever read Ernie Kern's How to Be a Magic Clown.

No comments: