Tuesday, September 25, 2007

10 CLOWNS: More Information

Clown College class of 1971 graduate, former Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Blue Unit circus clown and Director of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College, Steve Smith was kind enough to fill us in on who's who in the Sesame Street video that was posted here yesterday...

----------------------------------------------------


Greetings!

Ahhh, a blast from the past. This was done for Sesame Street in 1972, I believe in California. I'll need to watch the clip a few more times to rattle the memory bank for the arena name.

This is the line up, kinda-sorta:

1. Prince Paul
2. Sparky Washburn (?Maybe...not sure?)
3. Tim Torkildson
4. Ted "Zippo" Tutwiller
5. Don Debelli
6. Steve Smith (With HAIR!!!)
7. ? Not sure at all ?
8. Tim Holst
9. Ray "Anchor Face" Lesperance
10. Swede "H.C." Johnson

I'll look at it again and see if I can clarify the weak spots.
__________________________________________________________


Steve, thank you for a million things, this is just the latest!

~P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for a million is right. thanks for changing my life and making me a clown. thanks for that first moment of walking in the Arena and seeing that magical place. I could go on, I can't thank you enough any body want to continue?

Anonymous said...

Now lets see who will get Steve to tell what the HC in Swede Johnson's name stands for...

-Greg

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve Smith,

Do you know the whereabouts of Ray "Anchor Face" Lesperance? Is he still alive? Still a clown, basically, how is he doing? I am an aquaintance from the past. Just wondering...