Tuesday, April 15, 2008

RON "BOO BOO" YARBOROUGH: 2008 Hejaz Shrine Circus

Photos and comments courtesy of Ron Yarborough



Boo Boo with some of the other Hejaz Shrine Circus performers; Shane Hansen is at the far right.



Boo Boo getting ready for the Washer Woman gag.



Boo Boo and Giovanni "Nino" Zoppe.





Hi Pat,

Once again you were missed at the annual Shrine Circus in the Greenville, S.C. area. I told Jim Hamid that we had to have you back next year, so save those dates!

Enclosed is a picture of me and Giovanni "Nino" Zoppe. He did an excellent job and the crowds loved him. I consider myself very fortunate to work with legends such as Giovanni, a 2003 International Clown Hall of Fame inductee, and what a nice guy. I know one day you will be on that list too. By the way he said to say "hi" and he missed you not being in the show with us too.

We had packed houses at all 14 shows, a great circus and fun crowds. H

Highlights of the show were, of course, Nino, Shane and Alecia Hansen and the Jacob- Barretta elephants. I can’t wait till the show comes back next year!

Take care and talk to you soon, your clown pal,

Ron "Boo Boo" Yarborough

No comments: