Thursday, April 02, 2009

RINGLING: 138th Edition Blue Unit


I was invited down to Baltimore yesterday to see the Ringling 138th edition, now in it's second year, at the 1st Mariner Center by two time clownalley.net award winner Mr. Tom Dougherty. We had a chance to hang out for a bit before. I gave Tom some videos and he gave me some incredible slides taken in 1979 that I have to drop off and have transferred today. 

I also had a chance to catch up with Marketing Director (and Dad-to-be) Dan Bennett who I remember well from our days together doing advance for the Clyde Beatty-Cole Bros. Circus, said "hi" to Jenny Vidbel and hope to see her again in May when she comes to visit Circus Vidbel and got to meet some old friends and new in the current Clown Alley.

The show is looser than it was last year, in a very good way. It's a lot of fun.

Afterwards Tom and I joined circus historian Dick Flint and local "Squire of the Wire" Michael Rosman for dinner and a grand time was had by all, especially after Michael left ; )








5 comments:

miss.marni said...

not to be contrary or anything, but...really? 128th? cuz i think i was on that show...

~marni

Pat Cashin said...

Sure, I was at the 138th, but I was thinking about the 128th.

I was at the Side Show ; )

miss.marni said...

i understand. i was at the sideshow a few too many times, myself.

tosca said...

I heard a few of the clowns talking about a clown that came to the show just the other day. One that worked here about 70's or 80's ? My name is Tosca Kora (Fornasari).Charlie Bell was my Grandfather, Frank & Charlotte Kora , my parents.I am at this time back on the show working in the mens wardrobe for the moment.I also was on the show during that time, Do we know each other? TOSCA

Craig said...

When did Charlie Bell die?